This historic small town was founded in 1889; two years later when phosphate was discovered, the town boomed and it began to transform into what it has become today. Dunnellon is a Nationally Registered Historic District and home to the beautiful crystal clear waters of the Rainbow River.
Come stroll our historic streets where you can eat & shop in original homes from the 1800’s, plan a kayak trip with Rainbow River Kayak Adventures, or enjoy the waterfalls & gardens of the Rainbow Springs State Park. Dunnellon and the Rainbow River are enjoyed by the likes of many, and have something to offer for people of all ages!
Dunnellon is tourist friendly. We encourage you to travel and meet us over here at Rainbow River Kayak Adventures . Don’t know what to expect? Don’t worry! Below you’ll find a list of helpful hints to turn any day of kayaking into an unforgettable vacation.
- Boomtown Days (April): Boomtown Days in Dunnellon, FL is a fun filled annual tradition that is wonderful for all ages! You’ll find arts & crafts, live music, amazing food, pageants and an antique car show.
- Kids Day Out/Back to School Festival (August): Kids Day Out fills Ernie Mills Park in Dunnellon with face painting, pony rides, a petting zoo, games, prizes, live entertainment, food, music, and a Big Red Fire Engine!
- Jazz Up Dunnellon (October): Jazz Up Dunnellon is a Mardi Gras style festival that takes place in the heart of Dunnellon! Roam the historic streets, check out local shops & vendors, enjoy amazing food, and listen to the wonderful sounds of live entertainment. Be sure not to miss this local Dunnellon favorite!
- First Saturdays Village Market (The 1st Saturday of every month): At First Saturdays Village Market in Dunnellon you’ll be able to find local vendors selling a wide variety of homemade and homegrown goodies! Items for sale include jewelry, herbs, crafts, antiques, odds and ends and everything in between! The First Saturdays Village Market is located in the Historic District of Dunnellon and is open from 9am-2pm.
- Juliette Falls Golf & Country Club
- Rainbow’s End Golf & Country Club http://www.rainbowsendgolfclub.com/
- Shopping in our downtown historic district http://www.dunnellonfloridaantiques.com/
- Singing River Tours (Angler’s Resort) http://www.singingrivertours.com/
- Rainbow Springs State Park* https://www.floridastateparks.org/parks-and-trails/rainbow-springs-state-park/
*Rainbow Springs State Park is located approximately one mile north of the KP Hole. The park is a popular attraction because of its gardens, nature trails, swimming area, pavilions (which include tables & grills, and can be reserved for special events), and an offsite newly renovated camp ground. There is a $2.00 entrance and well behaved dogs are welcome!
You’re bound to get tired and hungry during all of these fun adventures; but no need to worry, Dunnellon is well equipped to accommodate all of your needs! Whether you’d like to stay and relax or just grab a quick meal, be sure to check out the local favorites below.
- Local Legends Sports Grill
- Romeo’s (located in the Club House at Juliette Falls)
- Don Pepe Mexican Restaurant
- The Blue Gator Tike Bar & Restaurant (on the water) http://www.blue-gator.com/
- Gruff’s Tap & Grill
- Pavarotti’s Pizza & Restaurant
- Abigaile’s Cafe
- Victoria’s (on the water)
- Coach’s Pub & Eatery
- Bentley’s Restaurant
- Go for Donuts
- Carmela’s Italian Restaurant
- Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts
- Pizza Hut
- China Wok
- Comfort Suites 20052 Brooks St. Dunnellon, Florida, 34432 Tel: 352.533.5234
- Juliette Falls-Stay & Play http://www.juliettefalls.com/
- Angler’s Resort http://www.anglersresort.us/
- Dinner Bell Motel
- Two Rivers Inn http://tworiversinn.com/
- Withlacoochee Backwaters RV Park
- Sandy Oaks RV Park https://sandyoaksrv.com/